Cheers to the start of a new year!
You’ve done it—you’ve made it through the good, the bad and the ugly of 2021. You’re here, and we’re *so* happy about it. Now: Take a moment to imagine the *best* for 2022—it’ll create positive emotions to guide you through whatever comes your way. Your imagination is powerful, so use it for good today.
Today, take a moment to imagine how the health goals you have for 2022 will go. Picture the best-case scenario and use that momentum to kick off the new year.
For anyone starting a new health and fitness journey, it can be hard to find and maintain the motivation to start working out. Fitness motivation often comes in waves. There will be days when you can’t wait to start your workout, and other days when you simply don’t want to move.
A healthy lifestyle is so much more than just exercise. I believe that self-love, self-discipline and consistency are the true keys to establishing healthy habits that last.
Perhaps you have the motivation to make changes to your lifestyle, but you feel overwhelmed at the thought of getting started.
You have the power to change your mindset! Here’s what you can do to overcome the obstacles that prevent you from starting the journey towards achieving your goals:
- Write down your barriers to starting
- When you can name the things that are holding you back, you can face them head-on so that they don’t seem as scary.
- Come up with ways to overcome these barriers.
- Find ways to tackle your fears and develop the confidence you need to get started.
- Choose a training style that makes you feel powerful.
- Working out should never be a chore or punishment. Make it into something you love and that you do for yourself. Choose a training style that suits you and makes you feel good!
- Know that you are already strong
- Weight training is about gaining strength, but more importantly, it’s about remembering how strong you already are. You can do it!
For example, many feel intimidated by the idea of lifting weights. You can overcome this fear by educating yourself! Having the knowledge of how to correctly perform the exercises you are going to do will give you confidence when you enter the gym.
If you become a MOCO FITNESS member each workout has videos to show you how to do the exercise with the correct form. Once you’ve done one workout successfully, your confidence can only increase!
“YOU are STRONG” I may not know you personally, but without a doubt, YOU ARE STRONGER THAN YOU THINK & I BELIEVE IN YOU
By gradually changing the thoughts and behaviours that are stopping you from living the life that you want, you can move towards a more powerful, confident version of yourself. With the right mindset, fitness can empower you with self-confidence and the ability to accomplish new goals.